说明：本说课稿为冀教版八年级（下）Unit 5 Lesson 37，为市级说课稿比赛获奖作品。
Good morning, everyone,
Today, it’s a pleasure for me to stand here and I’m very pleased to have such an opportunity to share some of my teaching ideas with you. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Guo Xinzhi, and I am working as an English teacher in Yong’an Middle School, Congtai District of Handan.
My topic today is taken from Lesson 37 of Unit 5 in Student Book 4. The main content of this unit is “Go With Transportation”, and the topic of Lesson 37 is “Flying Donuts”. I have decided to say the lesson from six parts:
Part One —— Analysis of the Teaching Material
One: Status and Function
1. This unit tells us the improvement of traffic transportation and the related stories. Besides learning this, students will also learn some words, phrases and expressions of traffic, and so on. In Lesson 37, Danny will introduce a new type of transportation to us, it is imaginary.
2. To attain “four skills” request of listening, speaking, reading and writing, I will have the students do some exercise about the text.
3. Such a topic is very important in this unit. I will lead the students to use their imagination and encourage them to be creative. For example, helping them use English to describe their imaginary transportation. So I think if the students can learn this lesson well, it will be helpful to make them learn the rest of this unit.
4. While teaching them, I will also encourage them to say something about what they think the future transportations will be like. In a way, from practising such a topic, it can be helpful to raise learning interests of students and it will be also helpful to improve their spoken language.
Two: Teaching Aims and Demands
The teaching aim's basis is established according to Junior School English syllabus' provision.
1. Knowledge objects
(1) To study the new words “fuel”, “oil” and “coal”.
(2) To learn and master the phrases “think of, on the way to …, have fun”, etc.
2. Ability objects
(1) To develop the students’ abilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
(2) To train the students’ ability of working in pairs.
(3) To develop the students’ abilities of communication by learning the useful structures.
3. Moral objects
(1) Through different teaching methods to make students be interested in study.
(2) Love to know more knowledge about transportation and dare to express their opinions in English.
(3) Encourage the students to be more creative and try to make contributions to making new inventions in the future.
Three: Teaching Keys and Difficult Points
The teaching keys and difficult points’ basis is established according to Lesson 37 in the teaching material's position and function.
1. Key points:
(1).Be able to express words, phrases and sentences in English.
(2). Know about the improvement of transportation and Danny’s invention.
2. Difficult points:
Be able to talk about their imaginary future transportation in oral English.
Part Two —— The Teaching Methods
1. Communicative teaching method; 2. Audio-visual teaching method;
3. Task-based teaching method; 4. Classified teaching method.
As we all know: the main instructional aims of learning English in the Middle School is to cultivate students’ abilities of listening, speaking, reading, writing and their good sense of the English language. So in this lesson I’ll mainly use “Communicative” teaching method, “Audio-visual” teaching method and “Task-based” teaching method and “Classified” teaching method. That is to say, I’ll let the students get a better understanding of the key structures. I’ll give the students some tasks and arrange some kinds of activities, like talking, watching CAI, and reading in roles.
In a word, I want to make the students the real masters in class while the teacher himself acts as director. I also hope to combine the language structures with the language functions and let the students receive some moral education while they are learning the English language.
Part Three —— Studying ways
1. Teach the students how to be successful language learners.
2. Make situation and provide meaningful duty, encourage the students to study the text by themselves.
Part Four —— Teaching steps
As this lesson plays an important part in the English teaching of this unit, I have decided the following steps to train their ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing, especially reading and speaking ability.
The entire steps are:
Step1 Warm-up and Lead-in
Show the students some pictures of common transportations, like car, bike, train and so on. Ask the students: What can you see from the picture? Is there another kind of transportation around us?
Purpose of my designing: In this part, have the students say more about what they see or what they don’t see. In this way, they will know today’s lesson has something to do with their discussion.
1. Learn new words in groups. The new word in this lesson are fuel, oil and coal. Show them pictures of these things and teach them these new words.
Purpose of my designing: After seeing the pictures, the students will know what they are and they can learn them quickly and easily.
2. Play the tape recorder. Let the students listen and imitate the text. Pay attention to their pronunciation and intonation. Then finish the exercises on the computer.
Purpose of my designing: This step is employed to make the students get the general idea of the text. At the same time let the students have a chance to practise their listening and speaking ability.
3. Text Learning and a Quiz
I’ll use CAI to present the whole text. I’ll write the key points on the blackboard while they are watching. After watching, I’ll teach them to read the words and sentences on the Bb. Make sure they can read them well.
After teaching them the whole text, including the meanings of new words, the use of similar expressions and so on. Get the students to try and say out some phrases on the screen, like I don’t think so, have fun, a new kind of, on the way to school, and so on.
Purpose of my designing: To present the text by CAI is much easier for the students to learn and grasp the meanings. CAI can provide a real situation with its sound and picture and it makes the relationships between the students better.
4. Key Structures and Difficult Points Learning
First, I will divide the students into three groups and tell them to have a discussion about what they learn in this lesson. Then encourage them to try to understand the whole text, know what the difficult points are, and so on. At last, I will help them to master them all.
For example, I teach the students know the differences between phrases think of, think about and think over. I will show them some sentences and get them to know the use of these phrases. Encourage them to do some exercise about these phrases.
Purpose of my designing: By practising using these new words and similar phrases, the students will know how to use them in English and master the use of them better.
5. Read and Say
Give the students two or three minutes to prepare, and then get them read the text together in three groups. Tell them to read aloud.
Then help the students say something about the future transportation or their imaginary transportation. Encourage them to say more.
Purpose of my designing: By reading the text and saying such things, get the students to practise their reading and speaking ability again.
Part Five —— Summarize and Homework
Ask the students such questions:
What have we learned from this lesson? What does Danny say about his new kind / type of transportation? Do you like his idea? What new phrases have we learned today? Do you have enough confidence to finish these exercises? Now, let’s try!
Then show them some exercises and help them to finish them.
At last, tell the students what today’s homework is. While doing this, the teacher can have the boys and girls have a competition to see who are better.
Part Six —— Blackboard Designing
Lesson 37 Flying Donuts
1．think of认为,想起; think over仔细考虑; think out想出
2．at/in the front of在……前面（部）/ in front of在……前面
3．on the way to school在上学的路上/ on one’s way home在回家路上
Purpose of my designing: Presents the text key content clearly on the blackboard, favors the students to knowledge grasping.
OK. That’s all. Thanks for listening to me and helping me.